The Movement Politics Phone Bank Manager will be responsible for leading our movement politics phone bank.
The goals of the program are to:
- Calling targeted Spanish Speaking voters in MI, having brief conversations with them, and providing them with simple voting information such as where and when to vote.
- Identifying voters who are concerned about social or economic justice issues and giving them the opportunity to get involved with community organizing action in Michigan.
- Making Hundreds of phone calls per night to target voters.
- Accurately recording information in a computer database after completing each call.
The program provides part time opportunity for 8 people, reach out to traditionally underserved populations of voters and encourage them to engage in the democratic process in November.
The manager will be responsible for:
- Managing the phone bank hours and operation
- Managing daily outreach efforts
- Managing phone bank Data entry process;
- Coordinating with senior staff to ensure that phone bank efforts are meeting funder requirements
The manager must:
- Have their own reliable car. American-made cars are strongly encouraged.
- Have their own cell phone and computer.
- Be comfortable working with a culturally, religiously, and economically diverse group of partners, members, and staff.
- Be comfortable working with the public and talking to strangers.
- Be prepared for long and sometimes unusual hours.
Spanish or Arabic fluency is not required but is extremely helpful
The coordinator will be based in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Applicants should have some basic familiarity with social justice issues, field work, or leadership development. Applicants should be prepared for a fast-paced work environment with a high-level of autonomy.
The coordinator should be comfortable with modern office software and learning new technologies. Michigan United uses the Voter Activation Network (VAN), Microsoft and Google productivity software, Facebook, and Twitter.
Women, people of color, and LGBTQ persons are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please send resume and cover letter to: Scott@miunited.org and email@example.com
Subject: Movement Politics Phone Bank Manager
You can also contact Scott Holiday at 877-507-7774 ext. 717