Movement Politics Fellowship Director
Movement Politics is an innovative way of looking at elections as opportunities to build people power and dramatically transform our economic and political system to one that puts people ahead of corporations and the 1%.The fellowship director will oversee a team of 20-30 fellows and fellowship managers. The Movement Politics Fellowship is Michigan United’s program designed to transform emerging organizers from a primarily canvassing role to full fledged organizing. This position will split time between Michigan United and its 501(c)4 sister organization, Michigan People’s Campaign.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementing Michigan United’s and Michigan People’s Campaign Movement Politics Fellowship program with a focus on relentless leadership development.
- Managing a team of 20-30 fellows and managers.
- Voter targeting and data management
- Coordinating with issue staff to advance campaign goals.
- Creating and editing canvassing scripts
- Recruiting, hiring, and orienting new field staff
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High level of familiarity with electoral as well as community organizing
- High level of familiarity with the VAN
- Ability to exercise discretion and maturity when handling human resource issues.
- Demonstrated track record of thinking critically with the ability to see two steps ahead and anticipate any issues that may arise.
- Extreme attention to detail, organizational skills, and time management skills
- Proactively works to improve operational systems.
- Positive attitude in the face of new and evolving challenges and fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with Google Docs, Dropbox, and Microsoft Office
Previous Life and/or Educational Experiences: (*notes which are preferred but not required)
- At least 1 cycle of political campaign experience in an organizing role or canvassing role
- At least 1 cycle of experience in a canvass management role preferred*
- Office environment with moderate amounts of walking, climbing stairs, ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Weekly hours will fluctuate between 50 and 65 hours per week
- Detroit-based, with occasional travel.
Salary & Benefits:
- Moving expenses negotiable
- Pay Range: $3,800 per month
- This position lasts until December 15th, 2018
- Benefits: Health care, phone and travel stipends
- Preferences will be given to applications received on or before July 16th, 2018
- Submit resume, statement of interest, name and contact information of three references (at least two references must be work related, one may be personal)
- References should be provided in a separate document. Please include the name of the candidate on the document.
- Please submit all application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please direct questions to Bartosz Kumor at email@example.com or 810-523-7123
- Please put the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line
- If you were referred by a member of the Michigan United staff, please let us know in your application.