The West Michigan Regional Organizing Director will be responsible for managing a team of community organizers and service providers in Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids in a way that contributes to the growth and sustainability of Michigan United on the west side of the state. In addition, this person will lead the charge for growing the presence of Michigan United in West Michigan and surrounding communities through raising money and expanding our relationship with churches, labor unions, community organizations, and individuals. This person will serve on the organization’s senior leadership team as the voice for the west side of the state managing 3 organizers, and will work closely with the Detroit-based Executive Director and the Development Director.
The West Michigan offices work on a variety of issues, including immigration reform, criminal justice, and affordable health care.
Location: Kalamazoo or Grand Rapids
Status: Full-time, permanent
Salary Range: $45K – $50K
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, but those submitted by September 1st, 2018 will be prioritized.
- Submit resume, statement of interest, and name & contact information of three references (at least two references must be work related, one may be personal)
- Please submit all application materials to: email@example.com
- Please put the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line
- If you were referred by a member of the Michigan United staff, please let us know in your application.
Michigan United is a statewide 501(c)3 organization comprised of community members and institutions fighting for the dignity and potential of every person. We represent 100 faith, labor, social service and community organizations. We use the tools of community organizing to fight for economic and racial justice. We believe in a society and government that put people and the public good over private profit. We have won major victories to improve the lives of those who have been marginalized by poverty, racism, and inequality.